When it comes to traveling, my goal is to relax and enjoy my time. There are a few things that tend to hamper my experience. These are some pet peeves I often encounter while traveling:
1. Airlines overselling seats-it’s too often I show up to listen to attendants all but beg passengers to take a voucher so the plane will not be oversold & can take off on time. Get a grip. This is a terrible way to treat customers and should be banned.
2. Overselling Rental Cars-Recently, it seems that it’s becoming a more common practice to oversell car rentals. I’ve shown up, waited in exceedingly long lines and told along with others that our reserved car type is not available and won’t be for an exceedingly long timeframe. Unacceptable.
3. Last minute gate changes-trains or planes. Nothing like reaching your destination on time to learn that you are now in the wrong area.
4. Baggage fees-I despise these increasing size of carryon luggage try to cram in the overhead bins and the tug of war over overhead storage room that it has created.
5. Tourist vs. Traveler’s argument-trust me, it does not matter. One is not better than the other. As long as the individual enjoys their travel experience, that is all that matters.
6. The inevitable questions: Are you twins? How old are you? Do you have the same birthday?” If I had a penny for the number of times these questions have been asked together, I’d be a millionaire multi times over. Doesn’t matter where we go, we get the same questions.
What are some of your travel pet peeves?
2 thoughts on “October Blogging Challenge-Travel Pet Peeves-Day 6”
Rental cars!! I hate that so much when they are always asking me to upgrade. If I needed bigger car, I would book that. And totally agree on the tourist/traveler thing. There are so many discussions and articles, and I always feel it just depends on a person what kind of vacation a person needs.
— DT | Here I Scribble
Overselling seats is ridiculous! They’d be able to take off on time if they used some Common Sense and sold only the seats they do have. But that would be too logical, of course. Though I’m sure I don’t need to tell you that.