Music is an important part of both of our lives. We are known to fly to cities just to see a concert. We are lucky that we live within driving distance to Nashville, TN. Our playlists are always eclectic, but favor pop and current country.
Out favorites at the moment:
1. Taylor Swift-what can we say? We’ve seen her 3 times in concert and absolutely think she’s a genius songwriter.
2. Ed Sheeren-We’ve seen him twice live and he’s just adorable. “x” is one of our favorite cd’s ever.
3. Kelly Clarkson-Top 5 singers we’ve seen live with a heart of gold. Her covers are innovative and mostly better than the original artist versions. The girl can sing anything! Her smashup of “That I Would Be Good/Use Somebody” is a favorite.
4. Vance Joy-I didn’t know much about him until he opened for Taylor this summer, but he blew me away. I quickly bought every song from “Dream Your Life Away”.
5. Paul McDonald & Nikki Reed-“The Best Part” and “I’m Not Falling”. Totally blew me away. Don’t know if those two will continue to collaborate, but they should.
6. Matchbox Twenty-Well, we are early days Matchbox fans and a hard core Rob Thomas fan, but we are partial to their early stuff. Nothing better than “Hang, 3 am, Black & White People, Real World”
7. Bleachers “Strange Desire”-Probably read about this in an album of the year review list because it hasn’t been in the radio, but definitely a favorite at the moment.
8. Keith Urban -Probably seen him 3 or 4 times and he gives one of the best concerts out there. He’s got a song for any mood.
9. Jewel “Picking up the Pieces”, is a new favorite. Collabs with Dolly and Rodney Crowell make it even better. Still love “Spirit”, but glad she released new music that showcases her songwriting and vocal talent.
10. James Bay-“Chaos and the Calm”A coworker introduced us to him earlier this year, but we love him. Favorites are “Hold Back the River, Let it Go, Move Together”
Throw in a little Eminem on the more frustrating days and that is an average day of listening at the office.